Thursday, April 15, 2010

2 years in Taiwan

Today, April 15, 2010, marks my two year anniversary in Taiwan. Here are a few nostalgic pictures from my first days here.

Click on photos to enlarge.


My very first photo in Taiwan: The lines at airport immigration. Even that was new and exciting for me.My friends and hosts, Marc and Zenny, at their welcoming front door.I was soon introduced to what would become one of my favorite fruits here, 蓮霧, aka "wax apple"


There were plenty of cultural differences to take in, such as the abundance of scooters......humorous English......and new ways of shopping.


But I discovered--and, two years later, still believe--that the best thing about Taiwan is its kind, hardworking, generous people.



Many, many thanks to my family and friends, in Taiwan and in America, who have encouraged me, supported me, and have made me a part of their lives. Here's to next year's anniversary, and beyond!

No comments: