Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My new baby


After 1 year, 4 months, and 11 days in Taiwan, I finally have a scooter. She's a bit battered, but she's beautiful to me. Ah, the taste of freedom!

Click on photos to enlarge

I used to drive an old Volvo in the US that I named Inga; now I need a name for my new wheels. I welcome suggestions, and if I pick yours, I'll send you a prize! I need a girl's name (traditional for mechanical transportation, plus, well, she's pink!). If this helps, she has a 50cc engine, she's 14 years old, and she's a Yamaha.

The roads in Taiwan have just become a bit more dangerous...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just came across your website,and would like to suggest you a name " 嫦chang娥e "=the goddess of the moon

She was an ancient beauty and the most important thing is she could "fly".^_^

Best regards,
Grace from Keelung

Steve said...

@Grace: Thank you for the suggestion of 嫦娥 (Cháng'é). With the Moon Festival coming up soon, this name is especially appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Steve, Not at all.
However,welcome to Taiwan.
Hope you enjoy your stay here and have a happy and joyous Moon Festival.

Grace
P.S.congrats on your scooter driver's license.

Anonymous said...

Aimi.....
what's that?
Is it your "litter pink"?
haha....so when i am back to Taiwan,than i can ride it right?
Ride it come to airport pick me up haha.....
see you soon Steve...
i will be back on 9/19
take care

Anonymous said...

Hey dad! So the name I think you should name her is My Yamaha Hot mama....its a song by soulja boy...listen to it...some of the lyrics are "take a lead from the rest, you can go fast speed it up for me baby" "cuz she's a rider a rider a rider..my yamaha hot mama!
...or how about Izma...like from emperiors new groove...lol...i miss you lots!

Chelsea

Steve said...

@Anonymous (Chyo): Hey, remember she's only 50cc...probably won't make it all the way to the airport, lol!
兩個星欺見 :)

Steve said...

@Chelsea: Yamaha Hot Mama is funny, but it's a mouthful. I like the Izma (or Yzma) idea--she's crazy and wicked, just like my scooter!

Miss you too. I'll be there in 5 more months ^¿^