Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm not too impressed with Taiwan's technology today

I'm just blowing off steam.

before googleThis morning I tried to check airline ticket prices for a trip to the US next February. I was able to find flight information and pricing on the US carriers without a problem. However, Taiwanese airlines EVA and China Air do not have online ticket information or reservation capabilities for flights more than six months in advance. Wh-what?!

Also, last Thursday I opened a regular savings account at HSBC. I was told that the Taoyuan Branch would have to send the paperwork to their main office in Taipei for processing. It's now been a week and my account is still not opened. I guess they sent the documents by pack mule?

Isn't this the age of the Internet and instant communication?

No comments: