Monday, October 20, 2008

I found a nice jogging path

Students, knowing that I used to jog back in the US, had been suggesting a nearby resevoir to me as a good place to go running. Yesterday I rode my bike there to check it out. It does, indeed, look like a nice place; now I just have to get off my lazy butt and go jogging.

Here are some photos from Sunday. As always, click to enlarge.





It was a nice day Sunday, affording a clear view of Taoyuan City from the resevoir.






The jogging/bike path at the resevoir.






I think someone's hibachi was leaking.


I love that my camera can do these cool panoramic shots. [click to enlarge]


I left the resevoir and rode my bike through some of north Taoyuan's more industrial areas. Here's what I saw:




The sign says "Shin Shing International School," but it looks more like a hotel.





Down the road I spotted this lost boat, and a woman who was just as curious as I was...



Next door sat a temple.






I had to snap a photo of this place for sale, because it reminded me of San Francisco.





Here's the route I took, marked in red. I would have ridden longer, but my 45-year-old knees were starting to hurt, so I rode home and cooked dinner.





Lest you think I only eat Chinese food, tonight I made an Italian dinner with chicken, pasta, and salad. Yum!


No comments: